- Heat the milk until lukewarm.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the middle. Break in yeast. Mix with the sugar and milk into a dough. Cover and leave in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel onions, quarter and cut into slices.
- Melt 40g of Kerrygold in a pan. Add the onion slices and cook over a medium heat until they are soft but not brown. Leave to cool.
- Add 3 tbsp Kerrygold and 1 tsp salt to your dough. Knead everything together again to a smooth dough. Cover in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk cream and egg yolks together. Season with salt and cumin. Grease a baking tray (32 x 40 cm) with butter.
- Knead your dough again and roll out. Lay on your greased baking tin.
- Spread onions on the dough. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with bacon cubes and grated cheddar. Pour your cream and egg mix over this. Bake in the preheated oven (electric cooker: 200°C / circulating air: 175°C /gas: see manufacturer) for approx. 25 minutes.
Cheddar, Sriracha Bacon Jam and Fried Egg Open Sandwiches
For the Bacon Jam:...
Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting
Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour a...
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious...