- 210g Self-raising Flour
- 40g Cocoa
- 250g Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 250g Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Dark Chocolate (good quality)
- 100g White Chocolate
- Silicone Leaf and Star Moulds (optional, or any shape you like)
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Edible glitter (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 160c and grease your bundt tin well.
- Pop all the cake ingredients into a stand mixer and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the bundt tin and pop in the oven for 1 hour until cooked through. A knife should come out clean.
- To make the chocolate decorations, set out your moulds ready to fill.
- On the stove, have a couple of saucepans of water just simmering. Pop a heatproof bowl on the top of them, and break in the white chocolate. Do the same again for the dark chocolate.
- Leave until melted. The bowl shouldn’t touch the water and by just simmering the water, it means it melts slowly and evenly to prevent the chocolate from burning or splitting.
- Fill the moulds with each melted chocolate, leaving some for drizzling over the cake.
- Pop the moulds into the fridge over night or until they have set solid. These will keep in airtight container so can be made well in advance.
- You can start to decorate the cake once it has cooled completely.
- With any remaining melted chocolate, drizzle over the chocolate around the top of the cake - just fill a spoon with chocolate and drizzle it back and forth quickly to create a nice even drizzle over the sponge.
- Once the leaf & star moulds have set, add these to the cake along with some fresh sprigs of rosemary and a sprinkle of icing sugar. We also like to add a little edible glitter or shimmer to create even more Christmas sparkle!
1. Place a large pan of water on to boil while you start your filling....
Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting
Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour a...
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Preheat the oven to 170°C. Then grease and line 2 x 20cm springform...