- 8 Sausages (500g)
- For the Mashed Potatoes
- 5 Large Potatoes such as Maris Pipers
- 40g Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- For the caramelised onion gravy
- 2 White Onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 heaped tbsp Plain Flour
- 300ml Beef Stock
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat.
- Peel the potatoes cover with cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Place the sausages on a baking tray and grill following the on pack instructions.
- In a frying pan heat the oil over a medium heat and gently soften the onions, once starting to colour add the sugar and
caramelise on low for 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar and allow to evaporate off before stirring through flour - cook this out for a minute. Gradually add the beef stock whilst stirring, bring to a simmer and allow to thicken.
- Once the potatoes are tender drain the water and allow the excess moisture to steam off for a few minutes return to the pan and mash together with the butter, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Serve the sausages on top of the mashed potatoes and pour over the gravy.
Grilled Lamb Steaks with Rosemary and Garlic Butter and Charred Asparagus
Heat a frying pan and add the rapeseed oil, also heat a griddle pan r...
1. Preheat the oven to 210C/190 C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking tray wi...
Buttered Spinach and Feta Filo Pie
1. Preheat oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. 2. In a mixing bowl, comb...