1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4
2. Rub butter and sugar and flour together until a soft dough is formed.
3. Roll out the shortbread dough to 0.5cm thick, cut out the egg shapes using a cutter or create a template from greaseproof paper. Transfer the shortbread eggs to an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden at the edges and cooked in the centre.
4. Allow the shortbread to completely cool on the tray. In a mixing bowl mix together the icing sugar with water little by little to form a firm paste. Dip the top face of each biscuit into the icing and sprinkle over the hundreds and thousands and set aside.
5. Roll out the ready to roll icing to the the thickness of a pound coin and cut out egg shapes the same size as the baked shortbread. Mix it up by keeping some whole and use a knife to cut out a zig zag 'crack' on others, use a little of the leftover icing paste to glue the egg shapes to the decorated shortbreads.
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...
Chestnut and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add 250g strong plain flour an...
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Preheat the oven to 170°C. Then grease and line 2 x 20cm springform...
Kerrygold Spiced Popcorn 3 Ways
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium high heat....