1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4
2. Rub butter and sugar and flour together until a soft dough is formed.
3. Roll out the shortbread dough to 0.5cm thick, cut out the egg shapes using a cutter or create a template from greaseproof paper. Transfer the shortbread eggs to an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden at the edges and cooked in the centre.
4. Allow the shortbread to completely cool on the tray. In a mixing bowl mix together the icing sugar with water little by little to form a firm paste. Dip the top face of each biscuit into the icing and sprinkle over the hundreds and thousands and set aside.
5. Roll out the ready to roll icing to the the thickness of a pound coin and cut out egg shapes the same size as the baked shortbread. Mix it up by keeping some whole and use a knife to cut out a zig zag 'crack' on others, use a little of the leftover icing paste to glue the egg shapes to the decorated shortbreads.
1. Preheat the oven to 210C/190 C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking tray wi...
Spaghetti with Kale Pesto
1. Bring two saucepans of water up to a boil with a pinch of sea salt...
Baked Scallops with a Black Garlic, Bacon Crumb and Parsley Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. 2. Start by the making the compound butte...
Butternut Squash Crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4....