- 50g soft goats cheese
- 50g Kerrygold Softer Irish Butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, about 160g each
- 50g plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 60g dried breadcrumbs
- 150ml vegetable oil, for frying
- Chop the goats cheese roughly and mash with the butter, herbs, garlic, lemon zest and some salt and pepper. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a horizontal pocket in each chicken breast, starting at the wider end of the breast and making sure you don’t cut all the way through – this will prevent leaks later on!
- Fill each of the chicken breasts with the herb butter, pushing it into the pocket with your fingers.
- Dust the filled breasts all over with flour, dip into the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Heat 150ml of vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken gently for 3 minutes each side until golden, then transfer to a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...
Baked Scallops with a Black Garlic, Bacon Crumb and Parsley Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. 2. Start by the making the compound butte...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a...
Chestnut and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add 250g strong plain flour an...