- • 6 Hot Cross Buns, halved
- • Kerrygold Salted Butter, for spreading
- • Good quality Marmalade, for spreading
- • 600ml Milk
- • 400ml Double Cream
- • 1 Cinnamon Stick
- • 1 Orange
- • 4 free-range Eggs
- • 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- • 150g Caster Sugar
- • 200g leftover Easter Eggs, broken into pieces. Or any chocolate of your choice – dark, milk or white.
- • Custard, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Spread the Kerrygold butter and marmalade on each half of the hot cross buns and arrange in a large ovenproof dish.
- Gently heat the milk and cream together in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar until pale, then gradually pour in the milk and cream mixture. Zest one orange into the mixture and then continue to whisk constantly.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, then pour the mixture over the hot cross buns and allow to soak in for 10
- Sprinkle the chocolate pieces over the top and bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot with custard on the side.
Grilled Lamb Steaks with Rosemary and Garlic Butter and Charred Asparagus
Heat a frying pan and add the rapeseed oil, also heat a griddle pan r...
Festive Mince Pie Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚c and line a 20cm baking tin. 2. In a bowl...
Chocolate Hazelnut Challah
1. In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, add the bread flour, butter...