- For the Loaf:
- 425g Strong, Plain White Bread Flour
- 50g Kerrygold Unsalted Butter (room temperature and cut into small pieces)
- 1 x 7g Sachet of Easy Blend, Fast-Action Yeast
- 1tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 100g Raisins
- 50g Sultanas
- 50g Glace Cherries (chopped)
- 25g Mixed Candied Peel
- 125ml Milk (warmed)
- For the Dough Cross:
- 1tbsp Milk
- 1tbsp Water
1. In a stand mixer, add all the loaf ingredients and mix well for 5 minutes.
2. Form the dough into a ball and place on a baking tray. Leave in a warm place, for about 1-1½ hours until it doubles in size and feels very light and airy. Butter and flour a loaf tin.
3. Preheat the oven to fan 180°C. When ready to bake, shape and place the dough into the loaf tin and brush the top of the risen dough with the milk.
4. To make the cross, mix the flour and water to make a soft but pipeable paste. Pour the mixture into a disposable piping bag, snip the end and pipe a cross over the dough.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 mins until golden brown. Turn loaf over and tap its base — if it sounds hollow it is cooked.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack. This is best eaten on the day and is delicious toasted with Kerrygold butter and jam!
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious...
Festive Mince Pie Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚c and line a 20cm baking tin. 2. In a bowl...
Buttered Spinach and Feta Filo Pie
1. Preheat oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. 2. In a mixing bowl, comb...