- 1 large free range chicken, around 2kg
- 6 leeks, trimmed and rinsed
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- 40g Kerrygold Salted Butter Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 thyme sprig
- For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Zest of half a lemon, finely grated
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
2. Season the chicken thoroughly inside and out with a good pinch of salt and a glug of olive oil. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting often with the meat juices, or until golden brown with a core temperature reading of 75 on a cook's thermometer.
3. Whilst the chicken roasts, slice the leeks in half lengthwise and then into thirds. Lay the leeks cut side down in an even layer in a wide based shallow pan, pour in water to just cover the leeks and bring to a boil.
4. Add the butter, garlic, thyme and lower the heat to a moderate simmer for 10-15 minutes, allowing the water to evaporate leaving only the butter behind. Add the peas and cover to keep warm.
5. Allow the chicken to rest for 15-20 minutes after cooking to keep it moist. Serve on a bed of the leeks and peas and drizzle over the herb dressing.
Baked Scallops with a Black Garlic, Bacon Crumb and Parsley Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. 2. Start by the making the compound butte...
Grilled Lamb Steaks with Rosemary and Garlic Butter and Charred Asparagus
Heat a frying pan and add the rapeseed oil, also heat a griddle pan r...
Cornbread Chilli Pie
Heat the oven to 180c. Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumbl...
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...