- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, Diced
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- A handful of finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- Sour Cream/Guacamole/Salsa to serve, if you wish!
- For the Cornbread Topping:
- Instant Polenta
- 200g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml Whole Milk
- 100ml Natural Yoghurt
- 50g Kerrygold Salted Butter, Melted
- 175g Mature Cheddar, Grated
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumble in the beef and season. Cook, breaking up the meat, until browned.
- Add the onion, peppers and garlic, stir and cover, then cook on a low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the oregano and spices, and cook for a couple of minutes. Then, stir in the tomato purée, tomatoes, chicken stock and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened but still saucy. Add the jalapeños and coriander, and simmer for 5 minutes. Tip into a large ovenproof dish.
- To make the cornbread, beat together the polenta, plain flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, yogurt and melted butter. Stir in the cheese, the rest of the jalapeños and coriander, and season. Spoon on top of the chilli.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen and golden. Leave for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with extra jalapeños and soured cream.
Chestnut and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add 250g strong plain flour an...
Sirloin Steaks with a Porcini, Black Garlic and Thyme Butter
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge and transfer to a plate. Season with sal...