- 500g Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 50ml Double Cream
- 50ml Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 50g Melted Kerrygold Butter
- 2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 50g Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
- 100g of Bacon Bits, Cooked
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream, salad dressing, eggs, melted butter and honey until blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cooked bacon bits.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf tin. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, for around 40-50 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Best eaten warm with lashings of Kerrygold salted butter.
Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting
Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour a...
Cornbread Chilli Pie
Heat the oven to 180c. Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumbl...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...
Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Irish Butter
No Easter meal is complete without a roast leg of lamb, indeed it's delicious...
Summer Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350°F/Gas 4. Place a casserole dish o...