- 500g Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 50ml Double Cream
- 50ml Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 50g Melted Kerrygold Butter
- 2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 50g Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
- 100g of Bacon Bits, Cooked
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream, salad dressing, eggs, melted butter and honey until blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cooked bacon bits.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf tin. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, for around 40-50 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Best eaten warm with lashings of Kerrygold salted butter.
Cornbread Chilli Pie
Heat the oven to 180c. Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumbl...
Cheddar, Sriracha Bacon Jam and Fried Egg Open Sandwiches
For the Bacon Jam:...