- • 30g Kerrygold Salted butter
- • 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- • 150g tomatoes, halved or quartered (we’ve used a mixture of cherry and heritage tomatoes)
- • 3 large free-range eggs
- • 200g baked beans
- • 100g new or baby potatoes
- • ½ Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- • sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- • small handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish
This is a brilliant vegetarian breakfast, all cooked in one pan for those lovely lazy mornings. Please note that you need to use a pan that is suitable to go into the oven. If you don’t have one available, using an oven-proof baking dish will work just as well!
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Parboil the new potatoes for five minutes, then drain and slice in half.
3. Heat half the butter in a large, frying pan over a medium–high heat. Gently fry the mushrooms, red peppers and parboiled potatoes for 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
4. Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Once it has started to froth, scatter in the tomatoes and place in the oven to cook for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle over the beans. Make three shallow wells in the mixture and crack in the eggs. Pop on a lid and cook further until the egg whites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
6. Garnish with the parsley and serve straightaway with some hot buttered toast.
Chicken & Waffles with Maple and Bacon Butter
1. Slice each chicken breast into four strips on the diagonal to increase sur...
Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce
Heat a fan oven to 200˚c. 1. Tip the squash into a roasting tray. To...
Bangers & Buttery Mash
Preheat the grill to a medium high heat. Peel the potatoes...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...