- 1kg beef brisket, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 red onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 small dried ancho chillies
- 1-2 fresh chillies, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 x 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
- 2 x 400g tins of plum tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 300ml beef stock
- 100g Kerrygold Salted Butter, cubed Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large casserole pan over a medium heat, add a couple of cubes of butter and fry the onions, cumin, paprika for 5-10 minutes until the onions have started to soften.
2. Add the chillies, garlic and the cubed brisket and continue to cook for 10 minutes until the meat has browned. De-glaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar scraping the bottom with a spoon before adding the plum tomatoes, beef stock and the dried ancho chillies. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 3.5 hours stirring occasionally.
3. As the chilli approaches the 3 hour mark, preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
4. Prick the potatoes with a fork and rub the the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cook in the oven for an hour until deep in colour and crisp.
5. After the chilli has been cooking for 3.5 hours, add the kidney beans and if necessary, turn up the heat a little to thicken. Encourage the tender meat to break up with a spoon.
6. Cut a cross into the crisp baked potatoes and add a cube of butter, spoon over the tender beef chilli and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Grilled Lamb Steaks with Rosemary and Garlic Butter and Charred Asparagus
Heat a frying pan and add the rapeseed oil, also heat a griddle pan r...
Spring Vegetable Risotto
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the butter and the olive oil over a...
Hot Cookie Sharing Dessert
Pre heat the oven to 180c Grease an ovenproof dish with Ke...