- • 260ml porter (any of your favourite dark ales!)
- • 250g Kerrygold unsalted butter
- • 100g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- • 50g cocoa powder
- • 200g caster sugar
- • 200g soft light brown sugar
- • 2 large free-range eggs
- • 150g full-fat Greek yogurt
- • 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- • 280g plain flour
- • 2½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- For the topping:
- • 200g full-fat cream cheese
- • 80g icing sugar
- • 200ml double cream
- Heat the oven to 160˚ and grease and line a 6 inch-deep cake tin.
- In a large pan, gently warm the porter, butter and chocolate until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- Sieve the cocoa powder and mix the sugars in a large bowl. Pour in the chocolate mixture gradually, whisking well, then add the eggs.
- Whisk until it’s smooth, then whisk in the yogurt, vanilla, flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the topping ingredients with an electric mixer until lovely and thick. It will only take a minute. Spoon generously on top of your cooled cake.
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio Brittle & Greek Yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Kerrygold Chocolate Porter Cake
Heat the oven to 160˚ and grease and line a 6 inch-deep cake tin....
Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting
Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour a...