- • 260ml porter (any of your favourite dark ales!)
- • 250g Kerrygold unsalted butter
- • 100g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- • 50g cocoa powder
- • 200g caster sugar
- • 200g soft light brown sugar
- • 2 large free-range eggs
- • 150g full-fat Greek yogurt
- • 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- • 280g plain flour
- • 2½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- For the topping:
- • 200g full-fat cream cheese
- • 80g icing sugar
- • 200ml double cream
- Heat the oven to 160˚ and grease and line a 6 inch-deep cake tin.
- In a large pan, gently warm the porter, butter and chocolate until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- Sieve the cocoa powder and mix the sugars in a large bowl. Pour in the chocolate mixture gradually, whisking well, then add the eggs.
- Whisk until it’s smooth, then whisk in the yogurt, vanilla, flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the topping ingredients with an electric mixer until lovely and thick. It will only take a minute. Spoon generously on top of your cooled cake.
Kerrygold Christmas Fudge
1. Grease and line an 18cm square tin with baking paper 2. Tip the sug...
Buttered Spinach and Feta Filo Pie
1. Preheat oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. 2. In a mixing bowl, comb...
Grilled Lamb Steaks with Rosemary and Garlic Butter and Charred Asparagus
Heat a frying pan and add the rapeseed oil, also heat a griddle pan r...
Roast Spring Chicken with Buttered Leeks and a Herb Dressing