- 1.5oz Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 10.5oz potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3.5floz dry white wine
- 17 floz fish stock
- 10 floz milk
- 35 oz un-dyed smoked haddock, skin removed and cut into small chunks
- 1 corn on the cob
- 8.5 floz single cream
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt and freshly gound black pepper
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?
- Set a saucepan over a medium heat and melt the butter
- Stir in the onion, leek and garlic. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to sweat for five minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine. Return the pan to the heat and cook for a further 3–4 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife down the sides of the corn to remove the kernels and add them to the saucepan, along with the potatoes. Stir and leave to cook for three minutes.
- Pour in the stock and milk, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the haddock and continue to cook for five minutes. Add the cream, fresh dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further five minutes.
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a...