- For the cake:
- 4 oz (softened, plus additional for greasing pan) Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
- 7 oz Plain flour (plus additional for dusting pan)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 5oz Light brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 10.5 oz well-mashed very ripe bananas
- 2 floz Sour cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- For the coconut frosting:
- 3 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3 Tablespoons (softened) Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
- 2 oz Confectioners sugar
- 3 Tablespoons well-stirred cream of coconut
- 3.5 ox Coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour and line a bread tin.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined, then add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until combined well. Reduce speed to low. Sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix.
- Spread the batter in the bread tin and bake until pale golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in the bread tin on a rack for 10 minutes. Run a thin knife around edge of the tin, then invert the rack over the cake and then invert the cake onto rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the coconut frosting. Beat together the cream cheese and butter in a bowl using cleaned beaters at medium speed until smooth. Reduce the speed to low, then add confectioner’s sugar, cream of coconut and mix until combined. Increase the speed to high and beat until light and fluffy. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Frost the top of the cooled cake and then sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio Brittle & Greek Yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce
Heat a fan oven to 200˚c. 1. Tip the squash into a roasting tray. To...