- 500g ready-made dessert pastry
- 1 large pumpkin, quartered
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 200ml double cream
- To assemble the s'mores:
- 10 Graham Crackers (or any salted cracker you prefer!)
- 2 bars dark chocolate
- 5 marshmallows - your choice on the size!
- Warm caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Roll the pastry. Get a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin, line with the pastry and bake blind for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Lay the pumpkin in a baking tray. Sprinkle with the nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon and drizzle with the maple syrup. Cover the tray tightly with a double layer of tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes until soft. Reduce the oven to 180ºC.
- Allow the pieces of pumpkin to cool. Don't forget to scrape out the bits in the tray and the maple syrup. Put in a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the eggs. Mix well and stir in the cream.
- Fill the cooled tart case with the mix and bake for 45 minutes.
- Using a paring knife, cut graham cracker-sized squares of pumpkin pie.
- Roast marshmallows until golden. Place pie on top of one square of graham cracker, top with marshmallow, chocolate, and another square of graham cracker. Drizzle with caramel and serve.
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...
Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce
Heat a fan oven to 200˚c. 1. Tip the squash into a roasting tray. To...