- 3 potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 50g Kerrygold salted butter
- A pinch of pepper
- 200g of mixed raw fish
- 100ml milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Rapeseed oil and Kerrygold unsalted for frying
- For the tomato dip:
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stick diced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (4 chopped fresh tomatoes also works)
- Firstly, put your potatoes on to boil and then pop another saucepan on with the milk and the bay leaf.
- Once the milk is simmering, pop in the fish and cook for a couple of minutes, drain of the milk and remove the bay leaf. Leave to one side.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and mash with the butter, milk and black pepper.
- Mix the potato and fish together and form into little fishcakes. Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes to set a little.
- In another saucepan, add all of the ingredients for the tomato dip and cook until the veggies are soft. Then, blend until smooth, leave to cool and pop in a jar ready for when you need it.
- Now to breadcrumb the fishcakes… in three containers, add flour into one, egg into the second and the breadcrumbs into the third.
- Take one fishcake and dredge in the flour, then the egg and finally the bread crumbs.
- Warm the oil and butter in a shallow frying pan and carefully place the fishcakes in and fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve with the tomato dip and some peas.
Sirloin Steaks with a Porcini, Black Garlic and Thyme Butter
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge and transfer to a plate. Season with sal...
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a...