- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Castor Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- 50g Chocolate Chips
- 100g Butter
- 1 Bottle Maple Syrup
1. For the maple butter, whip 50ml of the maple syrup and butter together. Leave in the fridge until ready.
2. In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder and sugar and whisk together to incorporate.
3. In a jug, whisk the eggs and milk together.
4. Pour this gradually into the flour mix, whisking continuously; you should have a lovely thick batter.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan with a good splash of oil. Once the oil is hot, keep at a medium temperature and using a tablespoon, spoon in 3 lots of mixture. You won’t fit any more in, as they will spread a little and rise.
6. Cook on one side for a minute, bubbles will start to form on the raw side. Flip over, cook for another minute, then flip again. They should be golden and firm(ish) to touch.
7. Serve onto a plate, top with the maple butter and pour over extra if desired!
8. Eat immediately!
Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a...
Summer Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350°F/Gas 4. Place a casserole dish o...
Buttered Orange and Thyme Carrots
In a large non stick frying pan add the carrots as a single layer and...