- For the Shortcrust Pastry;
- 250g Plain Flour
- 125g Butter
- 1-2 tbsp Cold Water
- For the Filling;
- 450g Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- Juice and Zest of Half a Lemon
- 1 Beaten Egg to glaze
- Coarse Sugar or Pearl Sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C/Fan/Gas 5. Lightly grease a pie dish.
- In a food processor, or using fingertips, crumble the butter and flour together until breadcrumb consistency. Add water a little at a time until it comes together to form a dough. Wrap the pastry in cling film and rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the filling ingredients and mix together well.
- Roll out the pastry to around 0.5cm thick. Line the pie dish with pastry and pour in the filling. Cut strips from the leftover pastry dough 2cm wide and lay over the top over and under the other strips. Use a little of the egg wash to stick them to the base.
- Glaze any exposed pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is jammy.
Spring Vegetable Risotto
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the butter and the olive oil over a...
Kerrygold Spiced Popcorn 3 Ways
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium high heat....
Dark Chocolate Pots with Cherry Compote
1. Starting with the compote, add the cherries to a wide saucepan with two tb...