- For the Dough
- 600g bread flour
- 250ml warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 75g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 x 7g quick yeast
For the Filling
- 225g (8 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 75g (3 oz) Kerrygold Softer Irish Butter
- For the Topping
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 50g Kerrygold Softer Irish Butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
This recipe is made using a bread machine, however, if you don’t have one follow the notes at the bottom of the recipe.
- Place ingredients for the dough in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon to make the filing.
- Roll the dough into a 40x50cm (18x20 in) rectangle and spread with 75g butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 slices. Place the buns in a lightly greased 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking tin. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, which will take about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to Fan 200˚C
- Bake buns in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While the buns are baking, beat together the ingredients for the topping - cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, vanilla and salt. Spread icing on warm rolls before serving.
Note: If you don't have a bread machine, you can do the following instead: Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Add flour and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. Follow the recipe from step 3 onwards.
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio Brittle & Greek Yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Cheddar, Sriracha Bacon Jam and Fried Egg Open Sandwiches
For the Bacon Jam:...
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...