- For the Dough
- 600g bread flour
- 250ml warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 75g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 x 7g quick yeast
For the Filling
- 225g (8 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 75g (3 oz) Kerrygold Softer Irish Butter
- For the Topping
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 50g Kerrygold Softer Irish Butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
This recipe is made using a bread machine, however, if you don’t have one follow the notes at the bottom of the recipe.
- Place ingredients for the dough in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon to make the filing.
- Roll the dough into a 40x50cm (18x20 in) rectangle and spread with 75g butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 slices. Place the buns in a lightly greased 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking tin. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, which will take about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to Fan 200˚C
- Bake buns in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While the buns are baking, beat together the ingredients for the topping - cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, vanilla and salt. Spread icing on warm rolls before serving.
Note: If you don't have a bread machine, you can do the following instead: Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Add flour and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. Follow the recipe from step 3 onwards.
Kerrygold Spiced Popcorn 3 Ways
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium high heat....
Baked Eggs with Chickpeas and Spinach
In a large, heavy bottomed frying pan, melt the butter and fry off th...