- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g Kerrygold Salted Butter
- Grated lemon zest and juice of one lemon
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 425g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease a traybake tin.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Mix in the sugar, Kerrygold Salted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and add a pinch of salt.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Stir the flour mixture and milk alternately into egg mixture until well blended.
- Spread the cake mixture onto the prepared traybake tin and distribute blueberries evenly on top. Lightly press berries into mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely, then slice into squares for serving. Why not dust with icing sugar for an extra indulgent treat?
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan heat the butter over a medium heat and...
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Preheat the oven to 170°C. Then grease and line 2 x 20cm springform...
Spinach and Ricotta Rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 5 2. In a food processor...
Chestnut and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add 250g strong plain flour an...
Baked Scallops with a Black Garlic, Bacon Crumb and Parsley Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. 2. Start by the making the compound butte...