1. Start by making the toffee sauce. Heat the butter and sugar together in a saucepan on low heat until it turns a deep caramel colour.
2. Gradually whisk in the double cream and continue to cook until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and decant into a glass jar and allow to cool at room temperature.
3. Spread the toffee sauce to each slice of bread, top one with the sliced bananas, add a sprinkle of chocolate chips followed by the other slice of bread.
4. Use the softer spread to butter the top and bottom of the sandwich.
5. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat and place the sandwich butter-side down into the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes until
golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
6. Allow to cool a little before serving and serve warm.
Hot Cookie Sharing Dessert
Pre heat the oven to 180c Grease an ovenproof dish with Ke...
Roast Spring Chicken with Buttered Leeks and a Herb Dressing
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...
Dark Chocolate Pots with Cherry Compote
1. Starting with the compote, add the cherries to a wide saucepan with two tb...