1. Start by making the toffee sauce. Heat the butter and sugar together in a saucepan on low heat until it turns a deep caramel colour.
2. Gradually whisk in the double cream and continue to cook until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and decant into a glass jar and allow to cool at room temperature.
3. Spread the toffee sauce to each slice of bread, top one with the sliced bananas, add a sprinkle of chocolate chips followed by the other slice of bread.
4. Use the softer spread to butter the top and bottom of the sandwich.
5. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat and place the sandwich butter-side down into the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes until
golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
6. Allow to cool a little before serving and serve warm.
Blueberry and Banana Muffins
Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/ Gas 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin...
Kerrygold Shortbread Easter Egg Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 2. Rub butter and sug...
Roast Chicken with Roast Garlic, Lemon Zest and Herb Butter and Smashed Roast Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6 Cu...