- 500g self-raising flour
- 500g Kerrygold Unsalted butter
- 500g golden castor sugar
- 8 whole free-range eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- For the icing:
- 500g icing sugar
- 250g Kerrygold unsalted butter, softened
- 50g ready-made salted caramel
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c
2. Line and grease 4 cake tins.
3. In a stand mixer, add all the cake ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
4. Share the mixture out between the 4 cake tins and place into the oven.
5. Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool completely.
7. In the same clean mixer, now add all the icing ingredients and whisk again until smooth and spreadable.
8. Take each cake and slice through the middle of each, creating 8 cake layers in total.
9. Start icing each cake and build up on your chosen plate, leaving you with a tower of cakes!
10. With the remaining icing, cover the whole cake but leave with a few gaps showing – this is called nude icing.
11. Decorate as you wish, perhaps with a flourish of icing sugar.
Kerrygold Christmas Fudge
1. Grease and line an 18cm square tin with baking paper 2. Tip the sug...
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...
Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting
Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour a...