- 225g Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Free Range Eggs
- 3 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- About 3 tbsp milk to loosen the batter
- 1 Jar of Good Quality Strawberry Jam
- 250ml Double Cream
- To finish, a dusting of icing sugar and a handful of freshstrawberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Then grease and line 2 x 20cm springform tins.
- To make a heavenly light sponge, use your stand alone mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs one by one before adding a dash of the vanilla extract. Fold in the flour with a spatula until you have a smooth mixture. And here’s a little trick: to make the mixture loose, simply add a splash of milk.
- Divide the mixture into the two springform tins, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the oven until it's nice and golden or for 20 minutes to be precise. When the sponge is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before you take them out of the tins.
- While the bases are cooling prepare the filling by whipping the double cream. To assemble the cake, spread some Strawberry jam on one base before topping it up with cream. Then add the second base, sprinkle with icing sugar and top with some fresh strawberries.
Kerrygold Christmas Fudge
1. Grease and line an 18cm square tin with baking paper 2. Tip the sug...
Hearty Stew and Herby Dumplings
In a large, heavy bottomed oven proof dish with a lid, heat the oil o...
Blueberry Pancake Stack
In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Gradually add the...
Buttered Spinach and Feta Filo Pie
1. Preheat oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. 2. In a mixing bowl, comb...