- For the butter:
- 454g soft Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 100mls red wine vinegar
- A few twists of black pepper
- Some tarragon stalks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- For the rigatoni:
- 500g rigatoni pasta
- Some leftover roast chicken, diced (you can use two cooked chicken breasts if you have no leftovers)
- 100g Parmesan, grated
Paul Flynn's roast chicken rigatoni serves 4.
- Place the shallots, red wine vinegar, pepper and tarragon stalks into a pan and reduce the vinegar until it has nearly evaporated, then remove from the heat.
- Put the Kerrygold butter into a mixing bowl and beat for 3 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the mustard and chopped tarragon to the butter, remove the tarragon stalks from the reduction, then add the shallots mixture to the Kerrygold butter.
- Once the mixture is combined, roll the Kerrygold butter in parchment and place it in the fridge.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions and drain, leaving a little of the cooking liquid (around half a cup) in the pot.
- Slice off a quarter of the Kerrygold butter and add it to the pasta along with the chicken.
- Season with grated parmesan and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Garlic-Butter Fried Chicken
Melt your butter and add it to a shall...
Roast Tarragon Chicken with Chestnut Mushroom Risotto