- 2 tablespoons plus extra for serving Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 250ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish Cream Liqueur
- 4 thick slices of bread (it’s good if it’s a little stale)
- For the boozy sauce:
- 50ml Irish Cream Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- First, preheat a large frying pan over medium heat, and add the butter.
- Let it melt; lower the heat if it sizzles too much.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and liqueur. Dunk each bread slice in the mixture for about 5 seconds per side, and then place in the frying pan.
- Cook each bread slice for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown on each side.
- While the French toast cooks, make the sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust with more icing sugar, if necessary.
- Serve two slices of French toast on each plate, top with an extra pat of butter, and drizzle with sauce.
Enjoy responsibly :)
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roast Pork with Apple & Blackberries
Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These delicious cookies can be packed into cellophane bags and tied with rib...
Spiced Apple Butter Cake with Butterscotch Sauce
Method: Preheat the oven to 160°C . In a small sa...
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...