- 2 tablespoons plus extra for serving Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- 250ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish Cream Liqueur
- 4 thick slices of bread (it’s good if it’s a little stale)
- For the boozy sauce:
- 50ml Irish Cream Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- First, preheat a large frying pan over medium heat, and add the butter.
- Let it melt; lower the heat if it sizzles too much.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and liqueur. Dunk each bread slice in the mixture for about 5 seconds per side, and then place in the frying pan.
- Cook each bread slice for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown on each side.
- While the French toast cooks, make the sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust with more icing sugar, if necessary.
- Serve two slices of French toast on each plate, top with an extra pat of butter, and drizzle with sauce.
Enjoy responsibly :)
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Victoria Sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 180°C Cream the butter and sugar toge...
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe METHOD: Start by m...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...