- 2 tablespoons plus extra for serving Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 250ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish Cream Liqueur
- 4 thick slices of bread (it’s good if it’s a little stale)
- For the boozy sauce:
- 50ml Irish Cream Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- First, preheat a large frying pan over medium heat, and add the butter.
- Let it melt; lower the heat if it sizzles too much.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and liqueur. Dunk each bread slice in the mixture for about 5 seconds per side, and then place in the frying pan.
- Cook each bread slice for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown on each side.
- While the French toast cooks, make the sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust with more icing sugar, if necessary.
- Serve two slices of French toast on each plate, top with an extra pat of butter, and drizzle with sauce.
Enjoy responsibly :)
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Farmette’s Farmhouse Tres Leches Cake
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...