Give your guests a real treat at Christmas or wrap some up and give as a thoughtful homemade gift.
- To begin, grease and line an 18cm square tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugar, cream and butter into a large heavy-based saucepan. Heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted, then increase the heat and bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 8-10 minutes.
- Test the mixture by dropping a little into cold water – if it is at the correct temperature it will form a soft flexible ball. If you remove it from the water, it will flatten after a few minutes. This is known as ‘soft ball’ consistency.
- When the mixture reaches the ‘soft ball’ consistency. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to sit, undisturbed for 5 mins.
- Next add in the vanilla, ginger and white chocolate chips and stir through the mixture. Begin to beat the mixture vigorously using a wooden spoon, as the mixture begins to cool and thicken it will begin to lose its glossy shine.
- Before the mixture sets completely, pour into the prepared baking tin and smooth over the surface. For best results, leave to cool at room temperature overnight. If you are in a hurry, let chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into small bite-sized squares to serve or wrap up to give as a present.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These delicious cookies can be packed into cellophane bags and tied with rib...
Kerrygold whipped Brandy Butter
Shane Smith's brandy butter recipe serves 10. To begin, add t...
GRILLED RIBEYE STEAK WITH PISTACHIO BUTTER AND ASPARAGUS
Heat a griddle pan to piping hot....
Loaded Baked Eggs with Lemon Butter Sauce
Baked eggs with wi...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...