Don’t make reservations! Eat your special meal at home with these elegant Pan Seared Scallops served with a lemon caper sauce.
To make the Lemon Caper Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and simmer until butter is brown, being careful to not burn it. Swirl the pans a few times as it simmers.
- Once butter is brown, squeeze lemon juice in and stir. Add capers, stir and remove from heat.
How to Sear Scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Make sure they are really dry before you begin heating your skillet. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a stainless steel frying pan or cast iron pan over high heat and heat until smoking. Add scallops to the pan and make sure they don't touch. Sear for 2 minutes and flip over. Sear for additional 2 minutes or until opaque.
- Serve immediately with brown butter sauce and fresh lemon slices.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Barbequed Middle Eastern Style Lamb Chops with an Irish Summer Salad
Preparation: Ideally, the night before or at least a few hour...
Easy Roast Lamb
Want to watch Paul Flynn cook this Easy Lamb Roast? click...
Pan Fried sea bream
To watch Christine Walsh cook the tasty sea bream dish, click...
Preheat the oven to 180°C In a mixing bowl, add the butter,...
METHOD On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet...