Don’t make reservations! Eat your special meal at home with these elegant Pan Seared Scallops served with a lemon caper sauce.
To make the Lemon Caper Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and simmer until butter is brown, being careful to not burn it. Swirl the pans a few times as it simmers.
- Once butter is brown, squeeze lemon juice in and stir. Add capers, stir and remove from heat.
How to Sear Scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Make sure they are really dry before you begin heating your skillet. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a stainless steel frying pan or cast iron pan over high heat and heat until smoking. Add scallops to the pan and make sure they don't touch. Sear for 2 minutes and flip over. Sear for additional 2 minutes or until opaque.
- Serve immediately with brown butter sauce and fresh lemon slices.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Preheat the oven to 180°C In a mixing bowl, add the butter,...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Loaded Baked Eggs with Lemon Butter Sauce
Baked eggs with wi...
Farmette’s Farmhouse Tres Leches Cake
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...