- 8 thin slices brown soda bread
- 50g (2 oz) (4 tbsp), room temperature Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 ripe avocado
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 200g (7 oz) (1 cup) fresh white crab meat
- 8 red cherry tomatoes
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp water
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baby salad leaves, to serve
- Using a 6 cm (2 ½ in) straight-sided cookie cutter or cooking ring, cut out 8 rounds from the slices of brown soda bread. Spread with butter and then place one in the bottom of a cookie cutter.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and dice finely. Put in a bowl and mix with the lemon juice and mayonnaise. Fold in the crab and season to taste. Pack a layer of the crab and avocado mayonnaise on top of each piece of buttered bread, using half the mixture. Cover with the remaining pieces of buttered bread and spoon the rest of the crab and avocado mixture on top.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl, then stir in the basil and olive oil. Season to taste and use to cover the layer of crab and avocado mayonnaise.
- To make the dressing, place the mayonnaise in a small bowl with the water and lemon juice. Season to taste and mix until well combined.
- To serve, place the crab tians on plates and carefully remove the cooking rings. Drizzle around the dressing and garnish with small mounds of the baby salad leaves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Carrot Cake with Orange Blossom Icing
Preheat the oven to 180°C and oil and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin with...
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pa...
Rory O’Connell’s Apple, Raisin and Whiskey Flan
Preheat the oven to 200c. Paint the edges and base of a 23...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....