- 8 thin slices brown soda bread
- 50g (2 oz) (4 tbsp), room temperature Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 ripe avocado
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 200g (7 oz) (1 cup) fresh white crab meat
- 8 red cherry tomatoes
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp water
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baby salad leaves, to serve
- Using a 6 cm (2 ½ in) straight-sided cookie cutter or cooking ring, cut out 8 rounds from the slices of brown soda bread. Spread with butter and then place one in the bottom of a cookie cutter.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and dice finely. Put in a bowl and mix with the lemon juice and mayonnaise. Fold in the crab and season to taste. Pack a layer of the crab and avocado mayonnaise on top of each piece of buttered bread, using half the mixture. Cover with the remaining pieces of buttered bread and spoon the rest of the crab and avocado mixture on top.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl, then stir in the basil and olive oil. Season to taste and use to cover the layer of crab and avocado mayonnaise.
- To make the dressing, place the mayonnaise in a small bowl with the water and lemon juice. Season to taste and mix until well combined.
- To serve, place the crab tians on plates and carefully remove the cooking rings. Drizzle around the dressing and garnish with small mounds of the baby salad leaves.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Pear, cheddar & bacon sandwich
To poach the pears: Firstly you will need to p...
Farmette’s Milk Bread
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Shirley Shannon’s Spicy Butter Chicken
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe This family favourite, from the Sh...