- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 200ml milk
- 225g skinless cod fillets cut into large cubes
- 225g skinless salmon fillets cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 black olive
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil and cook for one minute. Stir the cod, salmon, parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the grated Cheese until melted and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Divide the fish between 4 ramekin dishes approx 8 to 10cm diameter.
- Layer the puff pastry on top of each ramekin and replicate octopus tentacles over the side of each pot.
- Whisk the egg and lightly brush over the the pastry.
- Set the oven to 220°C and bake for approx. 20 minutes until you see the pots puff up and begin to turn golden.
- Upon cooling, playfully decorate an Octopus’ face using sliced black olives as eyes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cook...
Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tr...
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
Stuffed Bread with Irish Cheddar
Everyone loves bread. Try adding some of our delicious Irish cheddar cheese to m...