Serves 4-6 Octopots
- 50g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 200ml milk
- 225g skinless cod fillets cut into large cubes
- 225g skinless salmon fillets cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 black olive
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously creative fish pies.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil and cook for one minute. Stir the cod, salmon, parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the grated Cheese until melted and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Divide the fish between 4 ramekin dishes approx 8 to 10cm diameter.
- Layer the puff pastry on top of each ramekin and replicate octopus tentacles over the side of each pot.
- Whisk the egg and lightly brush over the the pastry.
- Set the oven to 220°C and bake for approx. 20 minutes until you see the pots puff up and begin to turn golden.
- Upon cooling, playfully decorate an Octopus’ face using sliced black olives as eyes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Honey Glazed Ham
It's not a holiday feast without the Christmas ham and this recipe for a sticky...
Pressed Picnic Sandwich
Begin by combining the Kerrygold Spreadable and pesto in a small b...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cook...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...
Melting Snowmen Biscuits
This recipe makes 18 of Shane Smith's melting snowmen biscuits. To ma...
Rory O’Connell’s Roast Rack of Lamb crusted with Grain Mustard, Chilli and Thyme Leaves
Preheat the oven to 220c. Carefully remove excess fat and...
Seeded Cheddar Bread