- 50g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 200ml milk
- 225g skinless cod fillets cut into large cubes
- 225g skinless salmon fillets cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 black olive
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil and cook for one minute. Stir the cod, salmon, parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the grated Cheese until melted and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Divide the fish between 4 ramekin dishes approx 8 to 10cm diameter.
- Layer the puff pastry on top of each ramekin and replicate octopus tentacles over the side of each pot.
- Whisk the egg and lightly brush over the the pastry.
- Set the oven to 220°C and bake for approx. 20 minutes until you see the pots puff up and begin to turn golden.
- Upon cooling, playfully decorate an Octopus’ face using sliced black olives as eyes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe METHOD: Start by m...
The classic muffin. Breakfast fit for a king or a well-deserved treat at the end...
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our tw...