- 50g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 200ml milk
- 225g skinless cod fillets cut into large cubes
- 225g skinless salmon fillets cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 black olive
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously creative fish pies.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil and cook for one minute. Stir the cod, salmon, parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the grated Cheese until melted and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Divide the fish between 4 ramekin dishes approx 8 to 10cm diameter.
- Layer the puff pastry on top of each ramekin and replicate octopus tentacles over the side of each pot.
- Whisk the egg and lightly brush over the the pastry.
- Set the oven to 220°C and bake for approx. 20 minutes until you see the pots puff up and begin to turn golden.
- Upon cooling, playfully decorate an Octopus’ face using sliced black olives as eyes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Brandy snap cannoli with pistachio and vanilla buttercream
This recipe makes 12 of Shane Smith's brandy snap cannoli. For the br...
Rory O’Connell’s Apple, Raisin and Whiskey Flan
Preheat the oven to 200c. Paint the edges and base of a 23...
CAULIFLOWER KORMA, RAISIN AND ALMOND PIE
Paul Flynn's cauliflower korma, raisin and almond pie serves 4....
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Mash the garlic with a little sea salt on a board until it becomes a...