- For the dough:
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 - 6 tablespoons hot water
- 130g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 20g of icing sugar
- 125g of self-raising flour
- For the filling:
- 250g room temperature Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 150ml whipped cream
- 300g white couverture chocolate chopped
- 4 tbsp limoncino lemon liqueur
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 30g of chopped pistachios
- Beat the egg yolks with water until frothy, gradually add the sugar and vanilla sugar. Beat the mixture until it is creamy.
- Whip up the egg whites, add the icing sugar and whip up again. Carefully work the egg whites into the egg yolk mass. Mix the flour with cornflour and mix on the egg whites, then carefully mix with the whisk.
- Pour the dough into a baking tin (26 cm diameter) lined with baking paper and bake for 25-35 minutes at 180 degrees (convection 175, gas stage 2). Allow to cool and cut into two trays.
- For the filling, bring the cream to a boil, add the chopped white chocolate until dissolved, stirring. Put the mixture in a bowl and let it cool.
- Then whip up the mixture for about 2 minutes and gradually add the room-temp butter. Then stir in the lemon liqueur, also add the zest and the juice of the lemon and stir.
- Coat the bottom cake with 1/3 of the cream, then put the next on top.
- To decorate, put the remaining cream in a piping bag and pipe on top. Decorate with the chopped pistachios.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Mini Linzer Cookies
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the eggs and milk and wh...
PAUL FLYNN’S LAMB TORTILLA
Set the oven to 160C. Put the sunflower oil in a pan and add...