- 30g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 30g Flour
- 300ml Milk
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper
- 120g Mature cheddar, grated
- 80g Parmesan, grated
- 2 tsb English mustard
- 1 tsp Smoked chipotle Tabasco
- 3 tinned peach halves, roughly chopped
- Thick Wholemeal bread, sliced
- Some melted butter
- Melt the butter in a small pot and add the flour.
- Whisk together and cook over a medium heat for two minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add the milk in two halves whisking all the time to make sure the sauce doesn’t get lumpy.
- Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper then take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Fold in the cheeses, mustard, smoked Tabasco and the chopped peach. This can be made ahead of time.
- To cook (you will have to do this in batches depending how many you are making) put a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, butter the bread on one side and put that side on the pan.
- Spoon the cheese mixture thickly on the bread and top with another slice.
- Butter the top of the bread and keep a careful eye on the bottom slice.
- When it’s golden and crunchy, deftly turn it over. If the centre isn’t melting sufficiently either turn down the heat to leave on longer or pop the pan in the oven for a minute or two.
- Cut the toastie in half and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
PAN FRIED POTATO DUMPLINGS
Put the flour and salt into a bowl and add the butter. Mix it through...
Roast Tarragon Chicken with Chestnut Mushroom Risotto
Kerrygold Fish Pie
Preheat the oven to 200c and grate the raw potatoes with the larger p...
Put the olive oil in a pan with the onions and garlic. Coo...