Melting Snowmen Biscuits
- For the biscuits:
- 120g of soft Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 50g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- For the melting snow:
- 300g icing sugar
- 40ml water (approx)
- Sprinkles for buttons
- For the snowman's nose:
- 10g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 10g icing sugar
- A few drops of orange food colouring
- For the snowman's head:
- 18 large white marshmallows
- Melted dark chocolate for the eyes, mouth and arms
This recipe makes 18 of Shane Smith's melting snowmen biscuits.
To make the biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the biscuits, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth and pale in colour
- Add in the lemon zest and mix.
- Finally, add in the flour and combine. If the dough is looking a bit dry, add some water to bind.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the biscuit dough until it's 1cm in thickness.
- Using an 8cm cutter, cut out 18 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Begin with the snowman's nose by beating the Kerrygold butter, icing sugar and orange food colouring until you have a smooth buttercream. Pop the buttercream into a small piping bag.
- Melt the chocolate and place into another small piping bag.
- Onto the marshmallow, pipe the eyes and mouth using the melted chocolate and pipe the nose using the buttercream and set aside.
- For the melting snow, place the icing sugar in a bowl with some of the water and keep mixing until you have a smooth icing paste. Spoon this onto each cooled cookie and add three sprinkles for buttons.
- Pop the marshmallow head on top of the wet icing and pipe on the chocolate arms.
- Allow the snowmen to set and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pa...
Savoury Cheddar Scones
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in...
GRILLED VEGETABLE SANDWICH
Brush the vegetables well with a little oil and season with salt and...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rittetes make a ravish...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Serves 4 - 6
Almond Roca Cake
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease two round cake tins and line with pa...