- For the biscuits:
- 120g of soft Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 50g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- For the melting snow:
- 300g icing sugar
- 40ml water (approx)
- Sprinkles for buttons
- For the snowman's nose:
- 10g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 10g icing sugar
- A few drops of orange food colouring
- For the snowman's head:
- 18 large white marshmallows
- Melted dark chocolate for the eyes, mouth and arms
This recipe makes 18 of Shane Smith's melting snowmen biscuits.
To make the biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the biscuits, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth and pale in colour
- Add in the lemon zest and mix.
- Finally, add in the flour and combine. If the dough is looking a bit dry, add some water to bind.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the biscuit dough until it's 1cm in thickness.
- Using an 8cm cutter, cut out 18 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Begin with the snowman's nose by beating the Kerrygold butter, icing sugar and orange food colouring until you have a smooth buttercream. Pop the buttercream into a small piping bag.
- Melt the chocolate and place into another small piping bag.
- Onto the marshmallow, pipe the eyes and mouth using the melted chocolate and pipe the nose using the buttercream and set aside.
- For the melting snow, place the icing sugar in a bowl with some of the water and keep mixing until you have a smooth icing paste. Spoon this onto each cooled cookie and add three sprinkles for buttons.
- Pop the marshmallow head on top of the wet icing and pipe on the chocolate arms.
- Allow the snowmen to set and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
BAKED POTATOES WITH HAKE, SPRING ONIONS AND CHEDDAR
Paul Flynn's baked potatoes with hake, spring onions and cheddar serves 4....
Rory O’ Connell’s Mackerel Cakes with Spiced Tomato Oil
Rory O'Connell's Mackerel Cakes with Spiced Tomato Oil Serves...
Cheesy Potato Soup
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fit...