- For the poached pears:
- 2 conference pears (peeled & cored and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 20g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 200 mls of water
- 30gs of kerrygold butter
- 20g caster sugar (vanilla caster sugar if you have it)
- To build the sandwich:
- 2 Irish rashers (cooked)
- 1 Tbs of mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp of whole grain mustard
- 25gs sharp cheddar cheese
- A handful of rocket
- 5 slices of the poached pears
To poach the pears:
- Firstly you will need to peel & core 2 pears. Once done, slice the pears, you will get around 10-12 slices per pear, ensure they are about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Next, add the pears to a pan, with the water, butter & caster sugar.
- Poach the pears for around 10-15 minutes, ensuring you keep an eye on them so they do not over cook
To assemble the sandwich:
- With 2 slices of bread, add the whole grain mustard & mayonnaise mix to both sides of the bread
- Next add the bacon, greens & cheddar cheese
- Finally, add about 5 slices of the poached pears to the sandwich.
- Cut & enjoy
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Easy One Tray Chicken Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy dish that will please everyone? Try these chicken f...
French Toast (Pain Perdu)
Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and pou...
Vegetable Tart with Balsamic Reduction
Method: To make the pesto Place the basil, olive oil,...
Sweet Buttery Scones
Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F In a mixing bowl, mix to...
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in...