- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Rub in the butter to this mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and cream together. Add this 'egg mix' to your ‘breadcrumb’ mix and stir until combined
- Once mixed, place this onto a clean surface & knead lightly.
- Roll out to about 2” high
- Cut out your scone shapes and place them on a baking dish lined with baking paper
- Beat an egg and brush it over your scones
- Add fruit, sugar or topping of your choice (the topping will stick to the egg wash)
- Bake for 15-25 minutes
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in...
Sweet Buttery Scones
Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F In a mixing bowl, mix to...
Pan Fried sea bream
To watch Christine Walsh cook the tasty sea bream dish, click...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...