- 100g (4oz) (8 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions or scallions, finely chopped
- 500g (1lb 2oz) spinach, tough stalks removed and finely shredded
- 225g (8oz) feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 50g (2oz) (½ cup) finely grated Kerrygold Dubliner
- Good pinch finely grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 6 sheets filo pastry, thawed if frozen
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cherry tomato and basil salad to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4. Melt a knob of butter in a pan and toss in the onion. Sauté gently until soft but not brown. Stir in the spring onions or scallions and cook for another minute. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, until it has all wilted down. Tip into a colander and press out the excess liquid. Leave to cool.
- Crumble the feta cheese into a large bowl and lightly mash with a fork. Mix in the eggs, cheese, the spinach mixture, nutmeg and mint. Season to taste.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Unroll the filo pastry and brush a 23cm (9in) round clip-sided or loose-based cake tin with melted butter. Then brushing each filo sheet lightly with the melted butter, place in the tin, buttered side down, leaving the excess to hang over the edge. Turn the tin a quarter turn after each sheet.
- Tip the filling into the tin, fold the excess pastry onto the top, a sheet at a time to give a ruffled effect. Brush any remaining melted butter on top. Bake for 45 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to settle for 5 minutes.
- To serve, take the spinach and feta pie out of the tin and cut into slices. Present on plates with the cherry tomato and basil salad to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously crea...
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Herb & Chilli Butter on BBQ Prawns
Butter is one of the most versatile and widely used ingredients by chefs all ove...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...