- 800g carrots
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 140g Kerrygold butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need no looking after and keep piping hot until the last minute. The oven temperature is quite flexible so simply put in the bottom shelf of your oven with whatever else you are cooking and give them about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F), gas mark 4
- Peel the carrots and cut into even sized batons.
- Put the butter in a small bowl and add the shallot, garlic, thyme and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until well mixed together.
- Take a large double sheet of parchment paper (or use a single sheet in tin foil), put half of the butter on the base of the parchment and pile the carrot batons in the middle.
- Dot with the herby butter and drizzle over a couple of tablespoons of water, then season with freshly ground black pepper. Fold in the sides of the parcel to enclose the carrots by bringing up the sides, folding over and twisting the edges.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour until the carrots are completely tender and beginning to caramelise around the edges of the parcel.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until needed.
Open the parcel at the table for maximum effect!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Smoked Haddock Chowder
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe Method:...
Chicken Liver PÂTÉ with Balsamic Vinegar & Capers
This chicken liver pâté is full of gutsy flavours and is a wonderful star...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
Chicken Pot Pie
Discover the ultimate comfort food hidden underneath a flaky buttery rough puff...