- First, fry the bacon until crispy in a pan and then let cool on a paper towel. Once cooled, chop into small cubes.
- Heat up the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in your cooled bacon and grated cheese.
- Dig a little well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk and beaten egg. With a tablespoon, quickly but gently stir in the liquid until it’s soft but not sticky.
- Dust down your work surface with some flour. Turn the dough out and pat into a circle about 2.5cm (1in) thick.
- With a cutter or sharp knife, carve up the dough into 5 cm (2in) shapes.
- Pop the scones onto a nonstick baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until they rise to a delicious shade of golden brown.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack, then serve up with butter curls.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our...
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Toast the bread until golden then spread generously with Kerrygold...
Loaded Baked Eggs
Savour weekend brunches with this easy to prepare recipe. Method:...