- Remove the stalks and place the apples in a bowl of boiling water, remove and pat dry – this rinses off the wax and helps the caramel to stick.
- Pierce the top of the apple and insert a lollipop stick in to each.
- Prepare a tray lined with parchment paper to place the apples once coated.
- To make the caramel, heat the pan and add the sugar and water over a moderate heat
- Once dissolved, stir in the vinegar, syrup and butter.
- Bring to a boil and cook without stirring until it reaches hard-crack stage (138C) – to test this take a bowl of cold water and take a tiny spoon of the boiling caramel and drop in to the water. If it hardens on impact then it is ready. This should take around 10 minutes boiling time.
- Once the toffee is ready, turn off heat and immediately dip each apple into the hot toffee, turning it around in the syrup so that each one is fully coated.
- Immediately after, dip the coated apples into a bowl of nibbed hazelnuts or other toppings of your choice to decorate.
- Leave to cool and harden before serving.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roast Pork with Apple & Blackberries
Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
BAKED PEARS with Pecans & Maple Syrup
This dessert is just perfect for a cold autumn day. It can be served with war...
No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Jars
For the biscuit base, melt the butter and crush the digestives in a...