This dessert is just perfect for a cold autumn day. It can be served with warm custard instead of ice cream for extra warmth.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6.
- Grease an ovenproof dish large enough to fit the pears in a single layer.
- Peel the pears and then cut each one in half, using a teaspoon scoop out the cores.
- Toss in the lemon juice to prevent them from going brown.
- Place the butter in a bowl and beat in the pecan nuts.
- Use the mixture to fill the cavities of the pear halves.
- Drizzle over the golden or maple syrup, or honey and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are softened and the sauce at the bottom of the dish is bubbling.
- To serve, arrange the baked pear halves on plates and spoon over any cooking sauces. Add a scoop of ice cream, or drizzle warm custard over each one.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tr...
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Pan Fried Hake with Lemon & Herb butter sauce
Of course this recipe is great with just parsley but experiment with a combin...
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously crea...
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...