This dessert is just perfect for a cold autumn day. It can be served with warm custard instead of ice cream for extra warmth.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6.
- Grease an ovenproof dish large enough to fit the pears in a single layer.
- Peel the pears and then cut each one in half, using a teaspoon scoop out the cores.
- Toss in the lemon juice to prevent them from going brown.
- Place the butter in a bowl and beat in the pecan nuts.
- Use the mixture to fill the cavities of the pear halves.
- Drizzle over the golden or maple syrup, or honey and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are softened and the sauce at the bottom of the dish is bubbling.
- To serve, arrange the baked pear halves on plates and spoon over any cooking sauces. Add a scoop of ice cream, or drizzle warm custard over each one.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
Kerrygold Shepherd’s Pie
Heat the oil a large, heavy-based pan and then add the onions, celer...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...