This dessert is just perfect for a cold autumn day. It can be served with warm custard instead of ice cream for extra warmth.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6.
- Grease an ovenproof dish large enough to fit the pears in a single layer.
- Peel the pears and then cut each one in half, using a teaspoon scoop out the cores.
- Toss in the lemon juice to prevent them from going brown.
- Place the butter in a bowl and beat in the pecan nuts.
- Use the mixture to fill the cavities of the pear halves.
- Drizzle over the golden or maple syrup, or honey and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are softened and the sauce at the bottom of the dish is bubbling.
- To serve, arrange the baked pear halves on plates and spoon over any cooking sauces. Add a scoop of ice cream, or drizzle warm custard over each one.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...