- 1 leg of lamb, approx 2.2kg
- 2 tsp sumac
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- For the Butter:
- 50g Kerrygold Butter, at room temperature Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- For the Salad:
- 4 apricots
- 1 tbsp honey
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 red onion
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- Toasted almonds
- Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 130C/150C Fan/Gas Mark 3.
2. In a large oven tray, rub the harissa paste, sumac powder, black pepper and salt into the lamb and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Add 400ml of water to the tray and cover with foil, return to the oven for 3.5 to hours basting the lamb every hour.
4. Whilst the lamb slow cooks, cut the apricots in half and arrange on a baking tray. Drizzle with honey and roast for 20 minutes under starting to caramelize. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Slice the red onions and place into a bowl along with the vinegar and caster sugar and allow to pickle in the fridge.
6. In a bowl, mix the butter, sumac and mint together then set aside.
7. Remove the lamb from the oven and turn up the oven to 160 C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
8. Remove the foil from the lamb, drain the liquid and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until starting to crisp.
9. Liberally brush the leg with the butter and give it another 10 minutes in the oven.
10. In a bowl, mix together the roasted apricots, drained pickled onions, pomegranate seeds, cucumber and mint.
Arrange the salad onto a serving platter and place the lamb leg centre stage, top with toasted almonds and some fresh mint leaves.
Kerrygold Christmas Fudge
1. Grease and line an 18cm square tin with baking paper 2. Tip the sug...
Hot Cookie Sharing Dessert
Pre heat the oven to 180c Grease an ovenproof dish with Ke...
Sirloin Steaks with a Porcini, Black Garlic and Thyme Butter
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge and transfer to a plate. Season with sal...