- 2 butternut squash
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g Kerrygold Salted Butter Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- Handful of sage leaves
- For the crumble topping:
- 40g plain flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 40g Kerrygold Salted Butter Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
2. Peel and half the butternut squash and slice thinly but not all the way through. Discard the seeds and dice any remaining squash.
3. In a saucepan, warm the double cream with the nutmeg, garlic, butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Add the oil to the butternut squash to a deep sided baking tray and coat evenly with the olive oil. Stand the slices up working in concentric circles around the dish scatter in the remaining diced squash. Roast for 15 minutes.
5. In a mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour followed by the remaining crumble ingredients and mix well.
6. Remove the dish from the oven pour over the cream and top with the crumble mix and a scattering of sage leaves.
7. Return to the oven for a further 20-25 minutes until golden.
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Hot Cookie Sharing Dessert
Pre heat the oven to 180c Grease an ovenproof dish with Ke...
Chestnut and Mushroom Pie
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Add 250g strong plain flour an...