- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cream the butter and sugar together until you get a light and fluffy consistency
- Add the eggs into this mixture, one by one. Ensure to incorporate each egg before adding the next
- Next, sieve in the flour and the baking powder. Fold through the wet mixture making sure not to over mix
- Add a splash of milk to bind the ingredients, then transfer the mixture into an eight inch lined tin
- Bake the mixture for 35 minutes
- When the cake has cooled, split the sponge along the equator into two halves and smear the bottom half with raspberry jam
- Top the jam with freshly whipped cream and place the top half of the sponge back on
- Finally, dust the cake with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries and edible flowers
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
Rory O’ Connell’s Dried Fig, Date, Almond , Pistachio and Chocolate Cake
Rory O'Connell's delicious. dried fig, date, Almond, pistachio and chocolat...
Eton Mess No Bake Cheesecake
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our...