- For the bread:
- 110g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 190g plain flour, plus extra for dusting pan
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (M)
- 300g well-mashed, very ripe bananas
- 60ml sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- For the coconut frosting:
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 50g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp well-stirred cream of coconut
- 30g coconut flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cake tin.
2. Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined, then add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract and beat until combined well. Reduce speed to low. Sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and continue to mix.
3. Spread the batter in the bread tin and bake until pale golden and a skewer or knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. This should take around 45 minutes or an hour in a ceramic tin.
4. Once the banana bread is cooked, let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then lift the cake out of the tin onto the rack to cool completely.
5. While the cake is cooling, make the coconut frosting. Beat together the cream cheese and butter in a bowl using cleaned beaters at medium speed until smooth. Reduce the speed to low, then add icing sugar, cream of coconut and mix until combined. Increase the speed to high and beat until light and fluffy. This should take about 2 minutes.
6. Frost the top of the cooled cake and then sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Salty Vanilla Bean Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with greaseproof pape...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Victoria Sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 180°C Cream the butter and sugar toge...