Shane Smith's brandy butter recipe serves 10.
- To begin, add the room temperature Kerrygold butter into a mixing bowl.
- Next add the icing sugar & salt to the butter.
- On a chopping board, carefully split the vanilla pod down the middle and using the back of the knife, scrape out all the vanilla seeds and add these to the butter. 1 tbsp of good quality vanilla extract would also work perfectly.
- Using a hand mixer, whip all of these ingredients together until you have a beautiful pale whipped butter.
- Add the brandy into the butter mixture and whip again.
- The brandy butter can be enjoyed with some warm mince pies or Christmas pudding.
- The brandy butter also makes a lovely gift and can be spooned into a clean jar, decorated with some festive ribbon, and popped into the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Rory O’Connell’s Wild Garlic Soup
Melt the butter in heavy bottomed saucepan, when it foams, add the po...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Rory O’Connell’s Nougatine Biscuits
Rory O'Connell's nougatine biscuits are delicate, brittle and melt in the mou...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Savoury Cheddar Scones
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in...