- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 150g Kerrygold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 75g dried cranberries
- 60g Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 60g Pistachios, peeled
- Place the chocolate pieces, butter, and maple syrup in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water), stirring until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- While the chocolate is melting, crush the biscuits in a pestle & mortar (or you can put them in a zip lock bag and bash using a rolling pin).
- Add the crushed biscuits, nuts & cranberries to the bowl with the the melted chocolate and stir well to mix all together.
- Lay a large piece of clingfilm on your kitchen surface. Scoop your mixture into the centre of the clingfilm and using the clingfilm and your hands, shape the mixture into a log and wrap tightly in the clingfilm. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap the biscuit cake from the clingfilm and sieve icing sugar over it to decorate. Then wrap it in baking parchment (and another layer of Christmas paper if you wish), twisting the ends like a Christmas cracker. Tie Christmas ribbon on the ends so it looks like a nice Christmas cracker!
- To serve, unwrap and cut into slices. You can make this recipe 2 weeks in advance of Christmas.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...