rhubarb upside down cake
- For the Topping:
- 720g Rhubarb, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 120g Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- 120g Brown Sugar
- For the Cake:
- 120g Melted Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 3 tablespoons Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 180g Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 320g Flour
- 120g Milk
- Crème fraîche, optional
Grease a 9-inch cake pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
To make the cake:
- Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder and 120g cup of the flour and beat until just combined. Add half of the milk and beat until just combined.
- Add half of the flour and beat until just combined. Add the remainder of the milk and mix, then add the remaining flour and stir until combined well.
- Pour the cake batter over the rhubarb mixture and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes and then invert on serving plate. Serve warm with crème fraîche, if desired.
To make the topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, 120g cup sugar and 2 teaspoons corn starch. Stir to combine and place in bottom of prepared cake pan.
- In a small bowl combine melted Kerrygold salted butter and brown sugar and stir to combine. Drizzle over rhubarb mixture.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Leftover Chilli Sloppy Joes
In a small bowl mix together the red onion, lemon juice and a pinch o...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit des...
Serves 20-24 squares
CAULIFLOWER KORMA, RAISIN AND ALMOND PIE
Paul Flynn's cauliflower korma, raisin and almond pie serves 4....
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...
This recipe by Shane Smith makes 12. In a mixing bowl, cream...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Irish Colcannon Shepherd’s Pie