- For the Topping:
- 720g Rhubarb, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 120g Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- 120g Brown Sugar
- For the Cake:
- 120g Melted Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 3 tablespoons Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 180g Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 320g Flour
- 120g Milk
- Crème fraîche, optional
Grease a 9-inch cake pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
To make the cake:
- Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder and 120g cup of the flour and beat until just combined. Add half of the milk and beat until just combined.
- Add half of the flour and beat until just combined. Add the remainder of the milk and mix, then add the remaining flour and stir until combined well.
- Pour the cake batter over the rhubarb mixture and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes and then invert on serving plate. Serve warm with crème fraîche, if desired.
To make the topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, 120g cup sugar and 2 teaspoons corn starch. Stir to combine and place in bottom of prepared cake pan.
- In a small bowl combine melted Kerrygold salted butter and brown sugar and stir to combine. Drizzle over rhubarb mixture.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roasted Carrots with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they n...
Hazelnut Toffee Buttercrunch
Shane Smith's hazelnut toffee buttercrunch recipe serves 8 - 10....
No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Jars
For the biscuit base, melt the butter and crush the digestives in a...
Strawberry Victoria Sponge Cake
Home Sweet Home is all the sweeter with freshly baked Victorian sponge cake. Tra...