- 50g (2 oz) (4 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 small head red cabbage, finely shredded (core discarded)
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 500ml (18fl oz) (2 cups) pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Good pinch of ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a very large, heavy-based pan. Add the butter and once it has melted, tip in the red cabbage and onions. Sauté over a medium to high heat for about 10 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir the apples into the cabbage mixture and then add the pomegranate or cranberry juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour over a low heat, stirring every 20 minutes until the cabbage is meltingly tender. Transfer to a warmed dish and serve at once.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
MUSSELS COOKED WITH CREAM, CHORIZO, GARLIC & FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY
A Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe METHOD Start by...
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...