- 50g (2 oz) (4 tbsp) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 small head red cabbage, finely shredded (core discarded)
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 500ml (18fl oz) (2 cups) pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Good pinch of ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a very large, heavy-based pan. Add the butter and once it has melted, tip in the red cabbage and onions. Sauté over a medium to high heat for about 10 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir the apples into the cabbage mixture and then add the pomegranate or cranberry juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour over a low heat, stirring every 20 minutes until the cabbage is meltingly tender. Transfer to a warmed dish and serve at once.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
St. Patrick’s day themed Shortbread
Preheat the oven to 200 °C In a bowl, mix the butter...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cook...