- For the Pastry
- 150g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp iced water
- For the Pesto
- 1 cup basil leaves, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- For the Filling
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Spanish onion
- 1/2 courgette, shaved into long strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1 tsp olive oil, for drizzling
- For the Balsamic Reduction
- 1 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
To make the pesto
- Place the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan into the food processor and pulse till a chunky paste forms.
- Season to taste with lemon, salt and pepper and mix well.
To make the tart
- Place the butter, flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Shape into a disc and wrap in cling film.
- Leave in the fridge to rest for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Roll the pastry to 5mm thick, and press into a 36cm x 13cm loose based rectangular tart pan to line it.
- Blind bake for 17 minutes.
- Spread the pesto onto the base of the tart shell, and top with cherry tomatoes, and onion.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to blister.
- Arrange the ribbons of courgettes on the tart and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the courgettes have softened and the edges of the tart is a deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction by bringing the vinegar to boil in a small uncovered pot on the stove and reduce it by half.
- Rest the tart for 5 minutes before unmoulding.
- Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
For the crab cakes: Combine all of the crab cake ingredients...
If you're entertaining guests this Halloween then try out these deliciously c...
Kerrygold Fish Pie
Preheat the oven to 200c and grate the raw potatoes with the larger p...