- For the Pastry
- 150g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp iced water
- For the Pesto
- 1 cup basil leaves, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- For the Filling
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Spanish onion
- 1/2 courgette, shaved into long strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1 tsp olive oil, for drizzling
- For the Balsamic Reduction
- 1 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
To make the pesto
- Place the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan into the food processor and pulse till a chunky paste forms.
- Season to taste with lemon, salt and pepper and mix well.
To make the tart
- Place the butter, flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Shape into a disc and wrap in cling film.
- Leave in the fridge to rest for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Roll the pastry to 5mm thick, and press into a 36cm x 13cm loose based rectangular tart pan to line it.
- Blind bake for 17 minutes.
- Spread the pesto onto the base of the tart shell, and top with cherry tomatoes, and onion.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to blister.
- Arrange the ribbons of courgettes on the tart and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the courgettes have softened and the edges of the tart is a deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction by bringing the vinegar to boil in a small uncovered pot on the stove and reduce it by half.
- Rest the tart for 5 minutes before unmoulding.
- Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
MINI CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS By Donal Skehan
A brilliant alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.These mini chocolate...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Spiced Apple Butter Cake with Butterscotch Sauce
Method: Preheat the oven to 160°C . In a small sa...
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Chocolate eclairs, an all-time classic with a twist - roasted hazelnuts add a lo...