- For the Lemon Curd:
- 75g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 150g sugar
- 4 lemons (zest and juice)
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- For the biscuit base:
- 130g digestive biscuits
- 60g ground almonds
- 80g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 30g sugar
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 14g powder gelatin or (about 9 sheets gelatin)
- 400g full-fat cream cheese
- 100g sugar
- 300ml cream
- 200g raspberries
- Mixed berries for decoration
- For the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 120g sugar
- pinch of salt
Eton Mess has long been a family favourite when it comes to desserts. Try our twist on the classic with this creamy no bake cheesecake.
Step by Step Method
For the Lemon Curd:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan at a low temperature.
- Once the butter has melted, mix in the sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Raise the temperature and allow to boil briefly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk and stir in the lemon mixture.
- Return to the heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- If the mixture does not thicken, slightly raise the heat.
- Once the mixture has thickened remove it from the heat and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools.
- Once cooled, place in a sterile glass jar
For the meringue:
- Put the egg whites and salt into a clean glass mixing bowl (not plastic).
- Use an electric mixer to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (a tablespoon at a time) whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip and pipe large dots of mixture onto the baking paper.
- Allow to dry in the preheated oven at 60 ° C for one hour.
For the biscuit base:
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor
- Add the ground almonds and sugar, mix well.
- Add the soft butter, mix well again and pour the whole mass into a spring form cheese cake tin.
- Press into the bottom with a spoon.
For the cheesecake filling:
- Prepare gelatine as per the pack instructions.
- Place sugar and 100ml of cream in a saucepan and heat.
- Let the mixture simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in remaining cream, then add the cream cheese and stir until creamy.
- Stir in the gelatine.
- Half the mixture and mix one half with half of the lemon curd.
- Pour this onto of the biscuit base.
- To the other half add the 200g of raspberries and pour this on top.
- Crush the meringue and sprinkle on top
- Let the cake cool for about 2 hours in the freezer.
- Decorate with berries and the rest of the lemon curd.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Farmette’s Farmhouse Tres Leches Cake
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES WITH MAPLE KERRYGOLD BUTTER
For the maple butter, whip 50ml of the maple syrup and butter togethe...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...